This WonderCon, I didn’t get very many hallway shots, I actually spent most of my time running back and forth doing scheduled (and unscheduled) shoots. In hindsight, I totally overestimated how much time would be taken up just going around carrying all my gear from place to place and how many shoots I’d be able to do.
I also got the chance to shoot Vertvixen’s amazing armored Scarlet Witch. The detail on her cosplay was incredible, although I wish I’d been able to capture the lights better.
Still, I think I was able to manage pretty well, but next time I won’t try for so many shoots in one weekend!
- Miss Wendybird and Lady Shepard (Bunny Belle and Ariel)
- d e r s i n g (Catherine, Leon Kuwata)
- Nerdgurlyo (Annie, Terra)
- ZAA (Makoto Naegi)
- Xxfruitcakexx (Rei Ayanami)
- Miss Piratesavvy (Mary Jane Watson)
- Aicosu (Enchantress)
- Vertvixen (Scarlet Witch)
- Garp Stavo Sauce (Wolverine)
Camera: Canon 6D with 24-105mm f/4L IS and 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II. Light: Einstein E640 with 22″ white beauty dish
First con of the new year, and also my first time at Anime Los Angeles. The hotel it took place at is pretty nice, and there were plenty of places to take pictures of all the cosplayers there. I also had the chance to do a couple photoshoots with a few of them. Between the pool area, the lobby, the outdoor terrace, and a few side areas, there was a good variety of backgrounds which was really nice.
The batteries in my flash died partway through, but fortunately I’d brought spares. Unfortunately, the battery for my remote trigger also died, and I didn’t have a spare one of those. Lesson learned: Carry spares for everything!
Overall I had a lot of fun, I really like the smaller cons. It got a bit crowded at times, but never got overwhelming.
I’ve already pre-registered for next year, and I think I may just have to get a room next time. Would sure save on the driving and be much more convenient when carrying my gear around.
Also, I’ve finally gotten around to creating a Facebook page: facebook.com/Shutterfoo
- Kazumi (Gou, Elsa)
- Ourlivinglegacy (Demon Claude and Alois)
- Sayori Chu (Cloud)
- Strawberry Censor (Sakura)
- Jenni – Kumacos and ZEAL XV (Junko and Celestia)
- Tenori Taiga (Taiga Aisaka)
- Pretty Bird (Hipster Ariel)
- Twerkette (Officer Vi)
- JS (Rin Tohsaka)
- Kurusagi and Chibi Petite (Midna, Luigi and Mario)
- Kim Chii (Genocider)
- Adventurer Saiyu (Ryuko Matoi)
- Rima Mei (Yang Xiao Long)
- Nekomancer (Ryuko Matoi)
Camera: Canon 6D with 24-105mm f/4L IS